Running Out is as Easy as 1-2-3
Dominic Esposito | 9/4/2014
It’s very common for people to agree to a deal on the front end. It’s on the back end that most people break down. So, here’s what we’re promising each other, I’ll teach you a drill that will make you run out better than you currently do if you’ll promise to do this drill every day for 30 days. If you can keep your promise, I know mine is in the bag.
1. Rack the 7, 8 & 9 balls on the spot.
2. Break the balls and spot-up any ball that is pocketed.
3. Take Ball in Hand and pocket each ball in rotation order as you would in finishing a 9 Ball game.
If you miss, continue shooting until you run out, then rack the same numbered balls again
and do it again.
Count and score 1-pt. for each rack you run out (from Ball in Hand). Be sure to score a total of 10
points before moving on to the next level.
4. Next, rack the 6, 7, 8 & 9 and follow the opening steps again to break the balls and spot-up any
ball that is pocketed. Take Ball in Hand and pocket each ball in rotation order as you would in
finishing a 9 Ball game.
Don’t forget, if you miss, keep shooting until you finish running out that rack. Then, rack the same
numbered balls again and run those out until you have run a total of 10 racks at each number count.
5. Next, rack the 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 and follow the opening steps again.
6. Next, rack the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 and complete 10 successful racks without missing.
7. Next, rack the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 and follow the same steps.
8. Next, rack the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 and finally,
9. Rack the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 and follow the same steps out.
NOTE: When you break the full rack, leave any balls made in the pocket. Then, start with ball in
hand and continue to run the rack until you have finished 10 racks.
There is a more challenging level to this drill for players who feel they’re ready for some real action.
If you miss a ball, re-rack the balls and start that entire rack set over again. You only need to restart
at the rack level you’re on if you miss. Your goal is to run 10 racks at each ball count level without a
You can find this drill and more like it on the DI’s web site or from your favorite pool supply dealer.
JUST GET YOURS TODAY!
Now, don’t forget our promise.